In less than two weeks, ISSTD is headed to San Francisco, CA for the 37th Annual International Conference, The World Congress on Complex Trauma and Dissociation 2020: Envisioning the Coming Decade. Featuring plenary speakers Karlen Lyons-Ruth, PhD, Pat Ogden, PhD, and A.A.T. Simone Reinders, PhD, and with ten exciting Pre-Conference Workshops, this conference is already full of fantastic training opportunities. Read on for more information about these workshops and presentations!
Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Dissociation 101: For Students, Emerging Professionals and Those New to the Field – Christine Forner
- Organized Abuse – Valerie Sinason, Michael Salter and Warwick Middleton
- An Integrated Addiction Model: Recognizing the Addiction Blueprint – Melissa Caldwell Engle
- Is Group Psychotherapy Effective for Trauma Survivors with Dissociative Disorders? – Margo Rivera, Juliet Darke, Christine Hodgson, Kathy Southmayde
- A Day of Creativity: Art, Drama, Music, and Dance/Movement for Trauma Therapists – Tally Tripp, Craig Haen, Brian Harris and Amber Gray
Friday, March 13, 2020
- Psychodynamic Perspectives on Complex Trauma and Dissociation – Elizabeth Howell, Shelly Itzkowitz, Valerie Sinason and Orit Badouk Epstein
- “Y’all Got Me F*CkD Up!” : The Complex Worlds of TAY Youth and Emerging LGBTQQIT-S Adults – Katie Keech
- Systemic Cultrual Oppression: Traumatic and Dissociative Effects – Heather Hall, Susan Gutwill and Rick Hohfeler
- The Integration of Sylvia the “Wood Nymph” & the Role of PTSD/Dissociation in Eating Disorders – Timothy Brewerton
- Mirroring DID via Life-Sized Silhouette Mandalas: A Creative Arts Therapy Experiential – Colin A Ross and Ericha Scott
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Parsing the Contributions of Attachment and Trauma in Pathways to Dissociation, Suicidality, and Borderline Personality Disorder – Karlen Lyons-Ruth, PhD
Befriending the Body: A Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Perspective on Treating Complex Trauma – Pat Ogden, PhD
Monday, March 16, 2020
The Neurobiology and Aetiology of Dissociative Identity Disorder and Beyond – A.A.T. Simone Reinders, PhD
Important Registration Details
- To register for the conference you will need to log in using your ISSTD login information (email and password). If you do not have an ISSTD account, please click here to create one.
- Don’t forget to check out and register for our Social Events at the conference!
- For a full list of conference presentations, please visit the online schedule.