ISSTD’s clinical E-Journal, Frontiers in the Psychotherapy of Trauma & Dissociation, is looking for an editorial assistant! This is a great opportunity for all members, including students or emerging professionals to get involved with ISSTD and receive discounted and free trainings with ISSTD! This person will provide support to the Frontiers Editor Andreas Laddis and the ISSTD staff as we continue to grow the e-journal. Job description and requirements are below.
Job Description: Under the direction of the Frontiers Editor and ISSTD staff, the editorial assistant will:
- Troubleshoot and answer all questions regarding the online submission process with prospective authors.
- Check each new manuscript submitted through the online portal to ensure that all required forms and information have been submitted and that it adheres to required format (APA style).
- Maintain a record of the progress of all manuscripts submitted through the online portal and helps to establish deadlines for all steps in the review, copyediting, typesetting, and publication process.
- Support the reviewers assigned for each manuscript and the guest editors for special issues.
- Correspond with the Editor about choice of reviewers and mediate the exchange between reviewers and authors until the Editor makes a determination. Notifies reviewers for each manuscript about the Editor’s determination and thanks them.
- Oversee the process for accepted manuscripts through to publication, including serving as the point of contact with the Editor, Copyeditor, Typesetter, ISSTD staff and authors.
- Work with staff to establish, maintain, and carry out transactions with databases.
- Ensure editorial information for articles and website is up to date at all times.
- Collaborate with Editor to ensure timely submission of Annual Report for Frontiers
- Attend quarterly zoom (video call) meetings with ISSTD staff and Editor.
Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
The individual serving in this role will be a professional (or student professional) familiar with mental health care who has experience in publication, marketing, and administration. The administrator should also have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong email responsiveness
- Ability and willingness to learn online communication platforms including CadmiumCD, Higher Logic, Google Docs, and others as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Organizational skills
Compensation and Term of Service
This position will be for a term of one calendar year with annual review and possible renewal for subsequent years.
ISSTD will provide:
- A stipend of $1200 paid in two installments of $600 in June and December.
- Complimentary membership
- Complimentary registration at any ISSTD conference, Professional Training Program course, or webinar.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and a 1000 word or less description of why you are interested in and qualified for the position. All applications must be received by January 31, 2019. Final candidates will be notified in early February and be required to participate in a video conference interview. We anticipate the applicant to begin in this position in mid February 2019. Please send all applications and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.