This month’s Volunteer Opportunity is with ISSTD News. ISSTD News is seeking people willing to write articles, updates or just share some news. In fact, writing opportunities abound! ISSTD News aims to publish brief and newsy articles ranging from 300 – 1500 words, in most cases, with some longer articles also being published. This may be a chance to promote your latest project, write on a topic you are passionate about, or even contribute something creative.
We seek contributors for:
- Current news items in your region – News You Can Use is a monthly feature of the ISSTD News and focuses on the activities of members, that may help or assist other members. Have you published a book? Written a book chapter? Developed a new training course? Is there an exciting new project or initiative in your part of the world? Please let us know.
- General articles – these tend to be more relaxed and briefer than a journal article. These can be up to 2500 words and can include case studies or vignettes, or may be a summary of a conference presentation you have given, or an opinion piece. Articles can also discuss an issue relevant to our field such as refugee trauma, intimate partner violence, racism, gender-based violence, and more. The ISSTD News has various ‘themes’ throughout the year and articles can also target these themes.
- International Spotlight – up to 1500 words featuring trauma and dissociation work in your country/state/region, or a country/region you are familiar with.
- Kid’s Korner – approximately 500 – 1000 words on all issues pertaining to therapy with children and adolescents who experience complex trauma and dissociation.
- Spreading the Word – articles of between 800 and 1, 500 words which promote, acknowledge or explore the work of ISSTD members as they take their knowledge and skills and share them with the wider community.
To get a feel for the content we are after the best place to go is the News website to read some articles.
If you are interested in any of these writing opportunities, please visit the ISSTD’s Volunteer Match page to explore this opportunity in more details and how to apply.
We welcome all members to apply. We would love to hear from you!