The ISSTD News is searching for its next Editor to begin in January, 2024. ISSTD News has been going on for many years and is one of many membership benefits. The Editor plays a vital role in ensuring members are able to feel connected to the organization as well as hear about important ideas and happenings in the field of trauma and dissociation. We are looking for someone who has a passion for writing, editing, and is well organized to coordinate the monthly execution of the newsletter.
This is a position with a paid stipend of $1,500 a year, paid in two installments, as well as complimentary registration for any training, webinar, or conference (with the exception of ISSTD EMDR Therapy Trainings) and a paid yearly membership.
Interested members in this position are encouraged to apply by emailing a current CV and including any past writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. If you are interested and have any questions, please contact email@example.com and we are happy to answer any questions or set up a meeting to go over the position in more detail. Applications are asked to be submitted via email by October 20.
POSITION TITLE: ISSTD News Editor
REMUNERATION: ISSTD will provide the Editor with a stipend of $1,500 paid twice per year in increments of $750, in June and December. ISSTD will file the appropriate IRS forms for this stipend for the prior year annually.
ISSTD will provide the Editor with complimentary registration at any ISSTD conference and for any ISSTD training, webinar, etc, with the exception of the ISSTD EMDR Therapy Training.
ISSTD will provide the Editor with annual membership dues beginning while both parties continue this agreement and ending when either party terminates the agreement.
Under the direction of the ISSTD staff, the Editor will:
- Develop yearly editorial calendar
- Ensure articles are submitted according to the editorial calendar
- Oversee and manage column(s), including but not limited to: providing contributor guidelines to potential authors; ensuring authors submit drafts in a timely manner; editing article drafts
- Continue to coordinate and edit existing columns including but not limited to Clinical Reflections, Committee Updates, Letter from the President and Publications of Interest
- Post final article versions and digest order in ISSTDWorld Community for staff to post on the News site
- Recruit new authors for standalone articles and columns
- Submit Annual Report for ISSTD News
- Attend Zoom (video call) meetings as needed with ISSTD staff
Other related duties may be assigned as needed.