All articles requesting research participation must be approved by the ISSTD Scientific Committee prior to posting. This proposal was approved by the ISSTD Scientific Committee in June 2021.
Seeking Individuals with Complex PTSD: Trauma Symptom Tracking Study
Krista Engle is looking for participants for her online dissertation study. The purpose of the Trauma Symptom Tracking Study is to learn more about how individuals with Complex PTSD cope with trauma and how their symptoms impact their daily lives.
This study has two parts and will be conducted completely online or via a smartphone. Part 1 of the study includes a survey about participants’ trauma history and trauma-related symptoms to determine whether they are eligible for Part 2 of the study. Part 2 of the study includes additional measures assessing participants’ mental health and coping skills followed by the completion of short, daily surveys about the person’s trauma symptoms using their phone for 2 weeks. Participants must participate in Part 1 in order to be considered for Part 2.
Participation in Part 1 is not expected to exceed 15 minutes, and participation in Part 2 is not expected to exceed 3 hours over the course of 2 weeks.
Participants can receive up to $25 for the completion of study procedures.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read, speak, and comprehend English
- Have been exposed to a traumatic event and have symptoms of Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (Complex PTSD)
- Own and use either an iPhone or Android device
- Be willing and able to download a temporary application to their phone
- Have access to the internet and a personal email
- Be able and willing to complete 3 3-minute surveys per day for 2 weeks using their smartphone
- Be able to receive compensation in the form of an Amazon e-gift card or PayPal credit
How to Participate
If you or someone you know is interested in participating, please follow or share this link to the Part 1 screening survey: https://surveyuccs.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6rKa02GcTsI39oG.
If you have any questions about the study, please email TSTStudy.UCCS@gmail.com.
Krista Engle is a Clinical Psychology PhD Candidate at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, and her project is supervised by Rachel Thayer, PhD (email@example.com).