Being a member of ISSTD is an experience of being part of a warm, wise, professional family. I often hear people talk about the value of being connected to this group, how it helps them with their clients, and with their growth as a person, therapist, teacher, or researcher.
ISSTD has been growing and moving forward. Conferences, Regional Seminars, Webinars, the Professional Training Program, the Virtual Book Club, and launch of the Clinical E-Journal have all increased the ways in which we learn from each other and share our knowledge with the world.
What would you like to see happen with ISSTD? If you were in a position of leadership, what ideas for strengthening the organization, benefitting the membership, and making ISSTD more visible in the world would you bring to the table? Do you know someone in ISSTD who has expertise that would help ISSTD become even better?
These are all wonderful ways to consider how you or someone you know may be ready to serve the society on the Board of Directors or in an Officer position.
Nominations are now open for positions on the Board of Directors and for the office of President-Elect. Board members should have good skills working with others and experience working within ISSTD. Officers should have had experience as Board members. Please consider nominating someone, or asking others to nominate you! The Board experience is fun, collegial, and important.
Below, please find information regarding the openings that will begin, 1 January 2018. Recommendations from the membership are being accepted now thru 30 September 2017 for the positions listed below. Elections will follow shortly thereafter.
Please take a moment and make your recommendations so that we can continue the work of our strong, meaningful professional home. On behalf of the Nominating Committee, thank you in advance for your participation in this vital member role.
Warwick Middleton, Immediate Past President|
Chair, 2017 ISSTD Nominating Committee
Information & Procedures
Recommendations to the Nominating Committee are being accepted now through 30 September 2017 for the following positions:
- President-Elect: Term of office is one year starting 1 January 2018, followed by a one-year term as President (Chief Elected Officer), and then a one-year term as Immediate Past President.
- Director Member: Term of office is three years. Starting 1 January 2018. Directors may hold two consecutive terms. (2 vacancies)
You are invited to submit names of those whom you would like to serve on the ISSTD Board of Directors for the upcoming term. But please check with them before putting them forward.
ISSTD is seeking individuals who are:
- Current members of ISSTD who have sustained membership for at least the past 3 consecutive years.
- Dependable and hard working
- Known for their ethical practice in the field of trauma and dissociation
- Work and play well with others
- Work well as part of a team and are able build a to consensus
- Have a history of ISSTD committee membership or participation in other ISSTD activities
- Have an interest in the overall well-being and growth of ISSTD, not just in particular projects
- Are committed to working hard to ensure the future of ISSTD
- Have previous non-profit organization board experience
- Have no conflicts of interest
(1) Two ISSTD members must write an endorsement of a nominee’s candidacy. Nominators must submit the online Candidate Nomination Form which includes information on the candidate and the reason for nomination
(2) Nominated candidates must complete the online Nominated Candidate Profile Form which includes information on the candidate’s professional activities and ISSTD involvement. Each candidate must also write a Candidate Statement which will be included on the ISSTD Election Ballot.
(3) There are three other requirements for candidacy:
(i) Candidates who are elected in will attend the in person Board of Directors meeting that takes place at the annual conference on Wednesday, 21 March 2018 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, IL.
(ii) Elected candidates must become familiar with current ISSTD issues before attending the Board of Directors meeting in Chicago. An orientation conference call will be announced post-election and prior to this first board meeting.
(iii) Elected candidates must have email access in order to stay involved in online exchanges with the Board of Directors and must attend the monthly 90 minute Board meeting.
The Nominating Committee will review all candidates recommended for the open positions and will submit those recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval as nominees. All recommendations for nomination must be received electronically by Saturday, 30 September 2017 to be considered for this election.
A description of the responsibilities of officers and Board members can be obtained from the ISSTD website.
The ISSTD Nominations Committee is dedicated to providing a fair and impartial slate of nominees to the membership for election. Your nominations will be taken into careful consideration. Selection of the final slate will be determined by the Nominations Committee and the Board of Directors, based on the best fit for the current and long-term needs of ISSTD. If you nominate someone, please ask that person first if he or she is willing to serve.
Address all additional questions about the nominations process to Therese Clemens email: firstname.lastname@example.org.